Monday, March 2, 2009

Catlyn in incubator

Maverick gave birth to Catlyn, but because of complications she is still in the incubator. It is just as unexpected and I felt exactly the same disappointment as not taking my baby home to her pink woolly cradle. I touched her...slept on her...but the very next morning blue overalls came in and I had to leave her in the hands of good care. I thought you just start to love your Cat the moment she's in the water, but all you get is to put your hands in the incubator and touch her...

Then they organised this launching party, this celebration of having this new baby in the family, and all this people from the industry came to look at her, seeing if any of their stuff was on her. I met this lady, Carol and she told me how the feeding goes on a Cat, and I know, with my family of 4 I need to know a women like this. She and her family spend 8 years with their little boy on their yacht.

And then the next party came. People from all over came to look at our beautiful baby. Interested in buying a Maverick? I dressed Catlyn in all her new pinks, but was really offended by the old mothers trying to tell me how their baby's look better in blue and cream and....

But we met other families with the same dream as ours. They also want to sell up and sail around the world. Some of their dreams were still only in their husband's eyes, but I hope after I met them, they decided to get into that dream like I did, and start living this dream.
Janet, July allow yourselve to dream....

No comments: