Sunday, May 22, 2011

When the Boer and the French join forces...

I sat down for a while watching the three little boys playing in the sand,  and I closed my eyes listening to the sound of their young innocent voices...  Two little black hair French boys and one blonde freckly South-African boy.  At some stage they left the trenches in the sand and took up the guns...

`Don,t die, Darling,  don`t die!  Live for our children!` This was the last dying words of Franz Ferdinand in 1914,  when he was assasinated in his wifes` arms in Sarajevo.  But his wife, Sophie died even before him without him realising it,  and World War 1 started.

And here I was sitting for a moment watching and listening to the sound of young humans running around with their plastic guns,  fighting a make belief war. The enemy was somewhere in the distance and they kept running next to each other, aiming and shooting somewhere...

My head was spinning,  my mouth whispering in a silent prayer...
`I won`t die, Darling, I won`t die! I will live for our children!  In this world we can teach our children the love and the peace,  and the playing together without seeing any differences...

With a pot of pop corn jumping off the lid,  I live to tell...                                                               



No comments: