Saturday, December 22, 2012

Aruba!

No silver in my heading this time, because the silver was overflowing on this spectacular island. I don`t know whether it was in the name, Aruba but something was always pulling me towards this island. Maybe the name sounds so exotic, so islandy! I was here, looking down from my balcony!

It is indeed beautiful! It is an absolute mecca for the tourist, with colorful hotels, spectacular shops,  from the markets with their local flavor, to the Mall with the 'pull in your tummy' Gucci and more...
We walked passed all these shops very quickly...





And there I found the place! Far away from all the people, with the yachts on anchor in the bay, a white sandy beach with big shady trees with knotty branches.





We loved the sand, the warm blue water.... We spend the whole day in the ocean, and under the tree, before we slowly returned to the tables laden with good food!


It was our last evening on the ship, and it was time to say good bye, to people who touched us. We hugged the two girls at the Spa, taking their love back to South-Africa soon.


We grew fond of Marina, from India, our waiter, and young Alex from Peru, and Aymen from Tunisia.... Good bye new friends!

I was sad to say good bye to this wonderful selfish time...time only for Johan and I...but our little and not so little ones were waiting for us...


Thank you, thank you, thank you....


 

1 comment:

WINDWARD said...

Merry Christmas from Africa.Hopefully we will see you sometime in the New Year.Looks like you two are having a jol.Take care, Allan & Ursula.