Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Remembering

When was the last time you played in the mud?


My memory of playing in the mud, was sitting in my red shorts on my butt in the middle of a brown muddy pool on the farm I grew up, Welgelegen, Delmas, S.A. I remember slipping the sloppy mud through my little fingers to land in big brown blobs on my lap…

At Gamboa de Morro we went to the `mud baths.` As soon as our feet touched the slippery pink mud, a magical feeling rippled through all of us. We rolled in the mud, smeered ourselves, rubbed each other, just for a while forgetting about time. We laughed and shrieked, our voices echoing. Water is filtering through this hill, creating these puddles of pink mud.

Rinsing in the ocean, our skins were soft after exfoliating in this natural spa!

SEE MARCO`S PAGE FOR PHOTOS AND HIS POST ABOUT THE MUD !!!!

No comments: